Saturday, November 19, 2011

I want to plant a small vegetable garden. What advice can you give me?

I live in Michigan. I want to tear down my steel storage shed and plant a small garden in it's place. It's just about 10' by 8', so not that big. I'd like beans, peas, peppers, tomatoes, greens, etc. What do I need to do to prepare the soil and what tips do you have? I also need to find a way to keep my dogs out of it.

I want to plant a small vegetable garden. What advice can you give me?
I live in Georgia and have had fantastic results growing all of the above in landscaping buckets. I start the new year with a fertile mix of 1 part cow manure to two parts potting soil and I mix it in a wheelbarrow and then I fill the landscaping buckets with the clean soil mixture. It makes keeping weeds at bay much easier and also makes watering more effective. I also water the bucket garden with a miracle grow solution and use root enhancing fertilizer to start the plants from seed. If your shed has a concrete foundation, leave it there so you can set the buckets on there to inhibit the spread of weeds and disesease.
Reply:I think you can find great help in:





www.gadwood.com\index1.html





hope you find your target


1 comment:

  1. Sparktrizity is on-hand for all your electrical and fire testing needs – from PAT Testing, Re-wire, Fire Alarm Testing, Fire Alarm Certificates, Electrical Certificate (s), appliance testing, to Landlord Certificates, Emergency Call-Out, Fault Diagnostics and Part P Certificate. Backed by a number of years in this industry, you can rest assured that our NICEIC registered electricians provides high levels of service and workmanship for all your electrical projects. Based in Greater London, we offer high quality services at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete