Monday, May 11, 2009

Should I build my garden shed on a concrete slab?

I did and anchored the shed to the concrete, built a frame of pressure treated lumber, plywood over that and then we put in a wood plank flooring over that.

Should I build my garden shed on a concrete slab?
Yes you should build build your garden shed on concrete slab, even you mix the concrete using ready mix bag's. It will keep all kinds of critters out. mainly snakes from being under your floor. My building is 12 x 15 and I mixed concrete by hand. If you used treated treated lumber sitting on ground after a few years it will rot or decay. I used treated lumber for raised strawberry bed they lasted about 8 years.
Reply:That's the best way to go, if you don't mind the extra step. Even with that, make the lowest level of material of pressure-treated wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment