Sunday, November 15, 2009

I want to plant a small vegetable garden. What advice can you give me?

I live in Michigan. I want to tear down my steel storage shed and plant a small garden in it's place. It's just about 10' by 8', so not that big. I'd like beans, peas, peppers, tomatoes, greens, etc. What do I need to do to prepare the soil and what tips do you have? I also need to find a way to keep my dogs out of it.

I want to plant a small vegetable garden. What advice can you give me?
I live in Georgia and have had fantastic results growing all of the above in landscaping buckets. I start the new year with a fertile mix of 1 part cow manure to two parts potting soil and I mix it in a wheelbarrow and then I fill the landscaping buckets with the clean soil mixture. It makes keeping weeds at bay much easier and also makes watering more effective. I also water the bucket garden with a miracle grow solution and use root enhancing fertilizer to start the plants from seed. If your shed has a concrete foundation, leave it there so you can set the buckets on there to inhibit the spread of weeds and disesease.
Reply:I think you can find great help in:





www.gadwood.com\index1.html





hope you find your target


No comments:

Post a Comment