Sunday, May 23, 2010

What's a beautiful deciduous tree that provides optimal shade year round with little shedding?

I am attempting to fill a hole next to the fish pond in my garden and have had a lot of trouble with my trees shedding into the pond. I need to fill the hole to keep algae from blooming but want to decrease the amount of skimming I have to do on the pond...thoughts? Thank you so much.

What's a beautiful deciduous tree that provides optimal shade year round with little shedding?
By definition, if it is deciduous it will shed its leaves. If you want deciduous, aim for a tree that sheds all at once rather than slowly over many months. A bigger mess but all at once, so only a few clean ups needed.





Which exact tree depends on what area and microclimate you live in. Go to your local garden store (NOT the garden department of a big box store) and ask this question of someone who has worked there for many years.

rodeo buckle

No comments:

Post a Comment